FriendFeed widget

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

MLM and the Law of Attraction

Although I have always viewed myself as a happy, positive, optimistic person, my journey into Network Marketing uncovered some flaws that would need to be corrected in order to achieve the level of success I was gunning for.

I remember my whole outlook changing dramatically when I read Richard Brooke's "Mach II With Your Hair on Fire." My hair might as well have been on fire because my mind made such a dramatic shift that I felt as if I was burning up! It transformed everything.

I knew this held the secret to my success. The exercises are simple. Concentrate on what you WANT to achieve and not what you don't want. Close your eyes and mentally "see" the picture of what you want in your mind. See yourself in that picture and "feel" what it will feel like when you achieve it.

Practice this exercise 3-5 times daily and watch the shifts that occur.

This is essentially the Law of Attraction.

Like seeks like and positive energy seeks positive energy. Likewise for negative energy.

Think about your current situation. Are you happy or unhappy? Are you excited or frustrated? Are you focused only on the end result you seek or are you counting the white stripes on the road as they pass slowly by?

To attract what you want, shift your focus. I know, I know. It's not always easy, but there are some tools that can assist you.

A few years back, I decided to become THE master of my thoughts and feelings. One tool I used was a fancy pony tail holder of my daughter's. It almost looks like a bracelet and I would wear it on my wrist. When I would catch myself thinking negatively, I would pop the band and snap my wrist. Ouch!

Before long, just looking at that evil band on my wrist would immediately put me into focused, positive mode and I would feel the difference in my energy level and my attitude.

I learned to use this tool to increase my awareness and "Attractor Factor" when I would sit down to call leads. I practiced and learned how to speak from the passion in my heart about my business to others. I mastered the skill of letting go of my attachments to anyone else's opinions about what I was doing.

What happened in my life is amazing. Positive outcomes began to show up consistently. I began to EXPECT the Success that I dreamed about, and guess what? It showed up!

I discovered the "secret handshake" of Network Marketing - my own thoughts and beliefs! When my belief is strong and my thoughts are positive, I attract exactly what I want into the business. Simple as that - be aware of and determine my thoughts and also determine my outcomes.

Some people are fearful when they first hear "Law of Attraction" and the thought of each one of us being in control of our own destiny and outcome. Maybe it seems too "Woo-woo" or out there. I personally view it as very empowering, very spiritual experience. It's those times of quiet meditation when I am focused on simply being joyful and expecting the greatness of this world to show up on my doorstep that I have the deepest spiritual connection.

Author Paul Zane Pilzer wrote a fascinating book a few years back titled "God Wants You to Be Rich." I encourage anyone struggling with the concept of wealth and the power of the mind to read this book and get inspired!

Dr. Wayne Dyer summed it up exceptionally well in the opening sentence to his book "Manifest Your Destiny." He writes "You have the power within you to attract to yourself all that you could ever want."

So, I ask you - What are you attracting to your life right now? Is it what you want? Is it what you dream of?

Make the decision right now to begin attracting only those things that are positive, empowering and what your dreams are made of. The choice is yours - choose to attract abundance in everything!

EXPECT Success!

Jackie Ulmer

No comments: