FriendFeed widget

Thursday, June 05, 2008

What is WRONG with Network Marketing

This question was posted on a blog I visit frequently. Below is my response and I thought it might be helpful to anyone struggling with the "it's not happening fast enough; or why haven't I made a pile of money yet, etc, syndrome!


What is wrong with Network Marketing?


Wow! That is an attention getter.


This blog asks - "Please say who you are, what you do, and how Network Marketing is screwed up."


I'm Jackie Ulmer, and I am a professional network marketer. I don't use that term loosely.
What that means is that Network Marketing is my career choice, and I earn a full time income here.


I had to "go to school" for a few years to get my degree. Maybe I was lucky because I understood that going in. I knew I was going to have to study, learn, be open to learning and spend some time getting experience under my belt BEFORE the full time income was going to show up.


NOTHING is wrong with Network Marketing. In fact, much is RIGHT!


There is plenty wrong, however, with some network marketers. They don't tell the truth. Or, they leave out big pieces of the truth.


This isn't get rich quick; it doesn't happen quickly; you don't need to talk to just a few people; you will need to invest time AND money; you will be frustrated much of the time in the beginning; you must work on your mindset and develop your skills.


Knowing this up front, how many people would actually sign up? A better question to ask would be - how many would actually stay in and be successful? Probably more if they knew the facts up front.


My husband is an airline pilot and has wanted to fly professionally since age 8. When he turned 18, no one handed him a set of wings, a pilot's license and said "get after it" just because he had a wish and a dream.


No, instead he had to get his private pilot's license (and he had to PAY for that!) and then get other ratings which also cost him time and money. Then, he became a flight instructor, earning very little and worked his way up the "airline" ranks; still earning very little for a long time.


Today, that industry is taking massive pay cuts; suffering large layoffs; and having retirements slashed dramatically!


Network Marketing is a viable option for anyone looking to commit and pursue something that they can control. It won't be easy; it won't happen quick; but if you can commit to it like going to college, pursuing a career degree; or taking it further and getting a higher degree, then you can have anything you want with it!


Going to college takes time and money and one can be in serious debt before ever earning a dime in the chosen career.


Seeking success in any endeavor is going to take time and money. Network Marketing is no different. Anyone who knows that going in should be fine! Commit to yourself and build something for YOU instead of your boss or the company owners!


EXPECT Success!

Jackie Ulmer

1 comment:

Terri Lorah said...

This post is a great motivator. I get it!