FriendFeed widget

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

MLM is YOUR Insurance Policy

Network Marketing is Like Buying Insurance

When I started my network marketing career, nearly 14 years ago, I viewed it very much like buying an insurance policy. It was insurance against pay cuts; downsizing; pension cuts; and anyone else controlling my financial destiny.

Insurance is one of those things you must buy BEFORE you need it. Building your network marketing business is the same.

You don’t want to wait until you need it to begin thinking about it.

Because we are a “volunteer business” it can be very tempting to procrastinate taking the action steps necessary to create a true business and income. When you begin your business, it is a lot of time for very little pay. This is normal and the same is true for everyone who starts a business of this type.

Some people will take massive action (meaning lots of time and activity put into their business) and it will create a faster growing business and a faster growing paycheck. Others will take the slow route.

Whatever your situation is, I would encourage you to MAKE time (you’ll never find it) to take action in your business every day. Squeeze in that quick conversation about our products and our business as many times a day as you can. Get committed and go through your calendar and carve out pieces of time to work your business. If you work full time, “life style” your business as you take breaks; go to lunch, etc.

Taking those steady, consistent action steps will begin to pad that insurance policy that you are building. Your business and income will grow, and you’ll begin to find more time to put into your business.

You never know when you are going to need to cash in on that insurance policy, so it’s best to have it ready and available for when you need it.

As I write this, we are evacuated from our home for the second time in four years due to wildfires in our California Mountains. Four years ago, I was just beginning my journey with Scent-Sations and had not yet made the full out commitment to build it to the top. While I was wondering whether or not I would have a home to return to, I made the decision that when I did get home, and if I did have a home still, I was going to put my blinders on and build this business as fast as I could.

That is exactly what I did and have not hesitated once in that four years. With the exception of vacations and fun days off, I have taken action daily and had faith that the rewards of that action would follow.

Today, those efforts have produced a business (insurance policy) that I can cash in on. The income it produces is solid, steady and at this point, requires very little of my time to produce.

This is a record breaking month and will finish as the biggest month so far in the journey.

While I really didn’t think we would be faced with this situation again, out of our home and wondering if it would still be there when we return, I can’t even begin to describe the freedom that comes from knowing that in the midst of worrying about many other things, money and finances is one that we simply don’t need to stress over. The gift that this type of freedom provides is priceless because it allows me the opportunity to be there for my children in a way that I might not if I was stressed over money, and creating income to continue living.

I think of our many friends who not only have homes threatened in the area, but businesses and jobs that are suffering because they can not be there, trading time for dollars. I think of the added stress and strain that this type of worry puts on relationships and I am so grateful not to have this added to our list of challenges.

Take out that insurance policy NOW, before you need it. Decide what it is going to take for you to have the income from your business that will give you the freedom of peace of mind.

Determine what action steps you will take daily to make that a reality in your life. Get committed and do it!

Money can’t buy happiness, but lack of it can certainly create unhappiness. You’ll never regret having that insurance policy when you need it.

EXPECT Success!

Jackie Ulmer

1 comment:

Stacey said...

WOW this post really hit me hard. I've only been with the company for 2 years, but looking back I realize just how far I could have come in those 2 years.

Okay, I'm ready to put my blinders on! Thanks...it's time for me to get some insurance!