FriendFeed widget

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

100 MLM Dials a Day

Wow! I was out on another forum today and one member was posting his theory to success in his MLM business is making 75 to 100 dials a day to prospects.

It really got me thinking about Network Marketing in general and the duplication theory. How duplicable is it to expect that those who you enroll, especially if they are new to the industry, will really find making that many calls a day acceptable?

I know for me, had my sponsor introduced that to me as part of the business plan, I would have never signed up. I would have found something else.

Where does one go about finding 100 people to call in a day? The phone book? Some worn out leads list?

How many hang ups would it take to get your new member to quit?

In my 14 years in this industry, I have to say I have never called 100 people in one day. Today, even as a six figure income earner, I average around 10 calls a day and these are to people who come to me through the internet, fill out the form on my website and ask me to contact them.

This is a much warmer contact, to say the least.

What image does it give about our industry to someone if they are coached to make these 100 dials a day? Is that what it really takes to make it in the business and how many people are truly willing to do this?

I subscribe to the law of attraction theory and am much more focused on creating a relationship based business filled with people who are interested, excited and ready to follow a much more simple plan. I am committed to having fun in my business and 100 dials a day, to anyone, does not sound like fun or something that would keep my interest for very long.

How about you? Are you up for 100 dials a day?

What am I missing?

EXPECT Success!

Jackie Ulmer

1 comment:

Jhanna Dawson said...

Hey Jackie, I keep going back to, 'is what I'm doing duplicatable'?

Because even if I'm doing something that is VERY successful, if the average prospect doesn't think they can do it, then it doesn't matter if it's succssful for me. The growth of my downline will stop there.

If someone had told me 'you'll need to be calling 75-100 people per day.' I would have been long gone.

Thanks for the reminder of keeping it simple and personable.

~Jhanna
www.creatinglight.net