FriendFeed widget

Monday, January 15, 2007

Build Your Business With Urgency - Build it TODAY

NOW is the perfect time to build your business and to put yourself into massive, consistent, effective action. Not yesterday, it's gone. Not tomorrow, it never comes. But right now, this moment in this day.

Build your business with a sense of urgency to get things done for your future. And, building for the future all takes place TODAY!

Let go of the "all or nothing" concept that so many of us have. Some of these pitfalls include -

"I only have a few minutes so I shouldn't call any leads." WHAT? Make ONE phone call and applaud yourself for that. It's one more action step in your journey.

"I work full time and it's easier for those who don't." Not true. Everyone has their own challenges to work with and for those who work, you are out in the mix daily and what better time to begin to make some connections with people. Adapt a natural, fun way of doing this.

"Only the ones who got in early reach the top." Recently on my company's Wed Call, our VP Charlie Umphred shared that the beginning is not necessarily the best time to get in. I know in my first business, MANY major top income earners came in after I started, which told me a thing or two!

TODAY is the day to create your future so you have so much more of it to look forward to.

So, what steps are you capable of taking today? Will you make just ONE phone call? Pass out ONE business card? Ask ONE person about a fundraiser? Home Party?

This evening, I will drop my son off at a local Fire Station where he will begin the Firefighters Explorer program. He decided a few years ago that this was the career he wants to pursue and has been diligent in taking steps to get himself in a position to pursue it in all avenues.

I'm not sure whether to smile or cry. How could we already be so far along in time that he is ready to begin studying his career path? Where does time go? How can he possibly take this first MAJOR step away from me?

What I can smile about is this - I made the decision to always be home with him. I made the decision that I would do whatever it takes to be there. I heard his first words, was there when he sat up, crawled, and I watched him take his first step, wave bye-bye, play on his first team, ride his bike, go to school on the first day and on and on.

Today, I get to be there when he takes another step on his path.

If I had not made that commitment to pursue and succeed in a home business, I would have missed so much of this, and may not have been able to take him today to pursue this exciting personal journey.

Build your business with a sense of urgency TODAY! Begin taking YOUR first steps in your exciting personal journey so you can be there for the moments you hold priceless!

It is not always EASY, but it is SO WORTH IT!

EXPECT Success!

Jackie Ulmer
http://www.streetsmartwealth.com

No comments: