FriendFeed widget

Friday, July 03, 2009

Do I Lead With Product or Opportunity

Network Marketers have asked this question for decades and although the answer will vary depending on who you ask, there is really only one right answer – lead with a solution.

No one ever bought a drill because they wanted a drill – instead, it's a hole in the wall that they are after. The drill provides the solution. Likewise, very few people ever wake up and say – "Hey, I think I will join a Network Marketing company today. I want to be a MLM Professional."

What really happens is they wake up and say – "I'm tired of my Boss; I'm tired of my job; I need more money; I want more control; etc."

Or, if they are in search of a solution for something that your product line offers, that's what they are looking for.

Your goal then is to determine what solution your "product" can offer and offer that solution. By "product", that can be either the product of opportunity, if your prospect is looking for more money or a financial solution. Or, it can be your actual company product line, if your prospect is looking for a solution that can be solved through your products.

This is where defining your target market becomes critical. Yes, everyone "could" be right for the opportunity product, but not everyone will be interested and so why waste your time or theirs?

Your number one goal is to find people each day who have a need that your business can offer a viable solution for and then offer that solution. From there, it's up to your prospect to decide if that solution is right for them.

You are a solutions provider! And the more solutions you can offer to more problems, the bigger your check will grow!

EXPECT Success!

Jackie Ulmer

No comments: