FriendFeed widget

Monday, August 24, 2009

Effective Use of Facebook for Your Business #1

Facebook is an amazing tool for many things. I have enjoyed it most for reconnecting with friends and people from my past – school, previous jobs, previous places I have lived, etc. And, I certainly enjoy and use it as a business building tool.

It can be a very effective tool for your business, when done correctly. Here are a few ways to make your time spent on Facebook, and other social media marketing sites worthwhile, and beneficial for those you connect with.

This series is going to share some tips for success with Social Media Marketing.

First, if you are going to request a friend from someone you don't know, take the time to look at their INFO page and know a little about them. To me, it's very irritating to have someone request my friendship, and then send me a message asking "tell me a little about you. What do you do?" Well, duh, why did you want to make friends with me if you weren't really interested in knowing about me BEFORE the request.

It's much more effective to take a moment and read a little on the INFO page (I realize you can't see it all) and then send a message commenting on something specific. That lets the person know that you are sincere and not just racking up a huge number of friends with no regard for the quality.

Building relationships is the first step in building a business and it starts with sincere interest.

EXPECT Success!

Jackie Ulmer








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder Jackie...I have a tendency to want to tell everyone about my book and I forget that I'm being pushy. I would much rather work with attraction than force. Choose a great day!